Tuesday, February 17, 2009

CAKE, CAKE, CAKE!

Sorry I have not blogged in awhile, but I have been very busy with work and traveling. I am currently in Bloomington IL in the freezing cold weather, and I can't stop thinking about our cakes.

CAKES, CAKES, CAKES.........So, I scheduled a cake tasting with two different companies for Saturday afternoon, and Monday evening. Saturday is with a very local new business that is called Torte Bella, and Monday evening is with a very well known company in Austin called Matty Cakes. I hear that they have the most beautiful cakes.

Flavors: I am REQUESTING Lemon cake with Raspberry filling. My mouth is watering!!! Tyler LOVES Red velvet cake so that will be a flavor also. The other that we are thinking about is PINK CHAMPAGNE! Does that now sound AMAZING?!

Design: Our wedding has the Peacock Feather theme so I have been talking with some friends to come up with an idea........ this is super hard, but I think I have made up my mind. There are still a few details that I can't decide on, but I will talk with the cake "designer" about that when we visit. So, this is what I am thinking. I want a 3 tier cake with the top and bottom layer having Peacock Feathers piped on it. The middle layer I want to have our Monogram on it "TJT"!!! LOVE IT! In between each tier I want there to be flowers, and on the top there will be real Peacock Feathers coming out of the top!!! Here is a picture of what style cake I love!


TYLER'S CAKE! Now, this is going to be the really fun part. Tyler LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to fish, so I compromised and asked him to have a cake of his favorite lure instead of a fish. He told me that his favorite fishing lure is a "SCUM FROG" hahaha. It is going to look amazing. So.... I leave you with this!

"SCUM FROG"

No comments:

Post a Comment